How to Install WordPress Theme?
Are you a newbie? Installing WordPress theme is not a difficult task. Just follow this simple guide to install the WordPress theme on your website in a few very simple steps. There are two methods to install the WordPress theme. I have listed both methods below, follow any one of them.
(A) If you have ftp details of your website, then this is the simplest method to install the WordPress theme.
1) Extract the zip file of theme on your hard disk.
2) Connect to your website via FTP programs like FileZilla or WinSCP.
3) Now upload the extracted theme folder in this location – (website root folder)/wp-content/themes.
4) Once all the files are uploaded successfully, login in to your website backend and click on the Appearance tab. It will show you the uploaded theme there, just click on the Activate link, which is present just below the theme.
(B) If you do not have any ftp details of your website you can use this method.
1) Login to the backend of your WordPress site (http://yoursitename/wp-login.php) and click on the Appearance Section, which is present in the Dashboard.
2) Click on the Install Theme tab. It will give you several options for installing theme like search upload, featured, newest and recently update. If you do not have the theme file with you, you can directly search and install theme from here.
3) If you have a zip file of your theme, then click on the upload link. It will then ask you to upload the theme file stored on your disk. Click on the browse button, select the theme file to upload and click on Install Now button.
4) After successful upload, it will give you an option to Activate the theme. Click on Activate theme and that’s it, you have successfully installed the WordPress theme on your website.
Isn’t it simple to install WordPress Theme?